Tuesday 3 January 2012

Chrome Crescent 25, 4A


We moved into our house in the compound on new years day. It is tiny, the furniture they provided is all white, but it is absolutely wonderful! We go for at least one walk every day, there is a huge pool, baby splash pool and play area with jungle gyms and a gym for big people (that's us). The only bad things are the dust and the small cement backyard which dsperately needs a shade structure of some sort from which I can hang pots of geraniums. Apart from that I feel as though I could happily settle in here for a few years! O yes, and arabic plumbing is something which might get me down. If you use, for any situation whatsoever, more than two sqares of toilet paper, the toilet will block up. I have tested this!

Chrome Crescent

Mieke loves DIY!

Our bedroom complete with sleeping baby (under the blanket)

Cozy dining and living room

Kitchen

Spare room and study

Soon to be back yard

I'm reading a terrible book, just before giving it up as a bad job, I read this piece which was something I had been thinking about alot. "In a way, everyone became what they chose to be defined by: their manhood, an act of shame, of heroism, kindness, a humiliation, their mother's country, the unfairness of their lives, an illness, their faith, an accident. In every person's past and present and future, so many patchwork pieces were presented. As people chose to keep some things and discard others, they set in motion a sorting process that gradually created their identities" Why is it so hard to let go the bad things that happen in our lives? If only we could always chose the good things to define us wouldn't we all be happy and content?

That's what I am going to try this year, to be content. I am also going to paint my toenails regularly, wear nice hairclips, exercise regularly and eat more healthy. I really am!

Best wishes for the year that lies before you!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe, just maybe, the little one is getting a tan?!!
    Go for it girl, that is the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lived-in already! As to the releasing the hurt and bad things, think about this: our bodies renew just about every cell every few years. Yet wounds, scars, remain, they are not wiped out, although the body has the plans for the perfect body stored in the DNA. Why? Do we forget how to be perfect?

    You seem to have the determination my grandfather Gerber had: to enjoy everything, even the simple things, with meaning! Even the cows coming home!

    ReplyDelete