Monday 28 May 2012

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've had the time to write. My days are filled with small domestic things and the general goings on in this hot dusty place we're calling home. I can give you an update on my new year's resolutions: I have painted my toenails! A beautiful blue. I have eaten healthy food and I have been to the gym three times or so. That takes me off the hook for this year I guess.We still have no Iquamas and all our furtive attempts to move to a house with a garden have been unsuccessful as yet. Mieke is growingup so fast. She is potty training very nicely and has a vocabulary of words that her mom and dad can lovingly decipher. She likes to choose her own outfits every day, mostly from the dirty laundry, complete with hats. A few days ago she managed to open one of Rean's drawers and draped every single one of his underpants around her neck. She thought it looked beautiful!






I'll quickly tell you about our recent travels. We had a lovely trip to Oman around my birthday. Rean booked us into a smart hotel for a treat. The evening of my birthday I had a tall, cool Gin and Tonic. I have never enjoyed a drink quite so much!



Our last trip was to Dubai. We had both hoped to work in business meetings whilst we were there but none of them worked out. Since it was too hot to spend time outdoors, we hung around in a mall. Dubai Mall has a nice aquarium which Mieke really enjoyed. We also went up the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa.Quite impressive to watch the tiny buildings far below. I was suprised to find I had to equalise my ears in the lift to the top!



1 comment: